ARLINGTON (AP) – The Texas Rangers have claimed injured left-handed pitcher Edwar Cabrera on waivers from the Colorado Rockies.
Cabrera didn’t pitch last season because of an injured left shoulder, and had surgery July 10. He was on the Rockies’ 60-day disabled list, and was transferred to the Rangers’ 60-day DL.
His only major league action was two starts for the Rockies in 2012. Since signing with Colorado as a free agent in 2008, he has gone 26-21 with a 3.13 ERA in the minors while averaging 11.1 strikeouts per nine innings.
The Rangers announced the move Wednesday, when they also said Infielder Jurickson Profar and outfielders Leonys Martin and Engle Beltre would all play on the same team in the Dominican Winter League. Right-hander Neftali Feliz will be in that league on another team.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 1 Suspect In Custody After Police Evacuate Hulen Mall
- Survey: 15 Percent Of Women On UT Campus Report Being Raped
- Head Coach Will Risk Arrest To Attend Sons’ School Events
- 2017 Elite Eight TV Schedule
- Mount Pleasant Reeling After Fatal Bus Crash
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures