ARLINGTON (AP) – The Texas Rangers have claimed injured left-handed pitcher Edwar Cabrera on waivers from the Colorado Rockies.
Cabrera didn’t pitch last season because of an injured left shoulder, and had surgery July 10. He was on the Rockies’ 60-day disabled list, and was transferred to the Rangers’ 60-day DL.
His only major league action was two starts for the Rockies in 2012. Since signing with Colorado as a free agent in 2008, he has gone 26-21 with a 3.13 ERA in the minors while averaging 11.1 strikeouts per nine innings.
The Rangers announced the move Wednesday, when they also said Infielder Jurickson Profar and outfielders Leonys Martin and Engle Beltre would all play on the same team in the Dominican Winter League. Right-hander Neftali Feliz will be in that league on another team.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Entrepreneurship Camp Teaches Success In Business And Life
- FWISD Selling Grand Pianos And Other Musical Instruments
- City Cuts Ties With Kayak Company After Alleged Racist Remarks
- GOP Opposition Imperils Senate Health Care Bill
- Puppy Will Return To Owner Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures