AMR Earns $289 Million In Q3
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) - After years of losses, American Airlines is making money by boosting revenue and cutting labor costs.
Parent company AMR Corp. said Thursday that it earned $289 million, or 76 cents per share, in the third quarter. That’s a turnaround from a loss of $238 million, or 71 cents per share, a year earlier.
Adjusted profit is a record $530 million. That figure doesn’t include bankruptcy-reorganization costs and other special items.
Revenue is up 6 percent, as passengers pay more per mile to fly. Labor costs are down 13 percent from a year ago.
American and US Airways plan to merge if they can win or settle an antitrust lawsuit filed by the U.S. Justice Department.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stars Don’t Feel Like It’s 0-2 With Ducks
- Pujols Powers Toward 500th Homer
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter Dies At 76
- Elite News Founder Bill Blair Jr. Dies At 92
- UNT Receives Huge, Historic Photo Donation
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures