AMR Earns $289 Million In Q3
DALLAS (AP) – After years of losses, American Airlines is making money by boosting revenue and cutting labor costs.
Parent company AMR Corp. said Thursday that it earned $289 million, or 76 cents per share, in the third quarter. That’s a turnaround from a loss of $238 million, or 71 cents per share, a year earlier.
Adjusted profit is a record $530 million. That figure doesn’t include bankruptcy-reorganization costs and other special items.
Revenue is up 6 percent, as passengers pay more per mile to fly. Labor costs are down 13 percent from a year ago.
American and US Airways plan to merge if they can win or settle an antitrust lawsuit filed by the U.S. Justice Department.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Second Night Weather Headlines ACM Show
- How Stars Spent The Day Before The ACMs
- Watauga PD Arrest Attempted Kidnapping Suspect
- Former Ranger, Josh Hamilton, Files For Divorce In Tarrant County
- Blue Bell Working To Get Past Listeria Contamination Scare
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures