FORT WORTH (AP) – A North Texas man has been charged with sexually assaulting a child a month after he was fired as a Fort Worth firefighter.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports 29-year-old Marquis Duriel Washington was charged Wednesday with aggravated sexual assault of a child under 14.
A woman told police in August that Washington had sex with her 13-year-old daughter.
Washington was hired as a firefighter in March 2012 and fired in September for violating department policy. No other details were provided.
The accusations are mounting against Washington. He was charged in April with online harassment. Prosecutors say he posted photos of a woman online as part of a racy Craigslist ad. The woman began receiving calls from men propositioning her.
An attorney for Washington could not be reached for comment.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 20-Year-Old Woman Dies In Head-On Crash In Joshua
- MedStar Responds To At Least 10 Rollover Crashes Due To Weather
- Police Give Gifts To Children Of Mother Killed At Dollar General During Robbery
- Woman Donates Gifts To Children In Honor Of Husband, Son
- Silvers Lifts Troy Over UNT, 50-30, In New Orleans Bowl
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures