AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The Texas Department of Transportation has posted the names of the state’s top 25 toll jumpers on its website.
The agency best known as TxDOT posted the names up on the Internet Thursday, after setting a deadline for folks to pay up.
The agency said there are $27 million in unpaid tolls from state-owned toll roads. Officials say they’ve sent notices to 28,000 vehicle owners.
Sixteen offenders have more than $100,000 in unpaid tolls. At the top are Ronny Williams and Cora Lewis of Pflugerville with 14,358 unpaid tolls worth $236,026.32.
The department may also ban vehicles with unpaid tolls from toll roads and impound the vehicle if police stop it. TxDOT can also notify county tax assessors to block vehicle owners from renewing their registrations.
The top 10 people with the highest amounts in unpaid toll fees are:
Ronny Williams and Cora Lewis, Pflugerville: $236,026.32
Mandy and Stephen Dyment, Hutto: $217,619.79
Renee Lee Ferguson, Hutto: $166,506.35
Taniqua Evans, Hutto: $158,705.16
Theresa Twyefort, Pflugerville: $149,418.37
Amee J. Geren, Round Rock: $145,341.08
Judy Blundell, Taylor: $141,755.21
Ashley A. Canada, Austin: $139,344.62
Laura A Gregory, Round Rock: $132,750.33
Mina Henderson, Hutto: $124,132.84
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Texas Allowing Transgender Inmates To Start Hormone Therapy
- Texas Couple Charged With Forcing Nanny To Work For No Pay
- After Challenging Holiday, Sears To Speed Up Store Closings
- Living With People They Bite, Zika Mosquitoes Hard To Fight
- Bedford Apartment Fire Leaves 1 Person Dead
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures