FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – When the Alliance Air Show is in town this weekend, the National Chairman of the Experimental Aircraft Associations Young Eagles Program will be among the performers.
For Sean D. Tucker and the EAA, the mission is simple — inspire the next generation of aircraft pilots.
“What’s so cool about flying with kids, is I get to see it through their eyes. It’s like a first time experience for me. It empowers me. I think I get as much out of it as them,” said Tucker. After a person goes on their first flight, they’re changed….changed because they now have wings, and wings give you freedom.”
The Young Eagles program have flown nearly two million kids. To find a discovery flight near you, visit the Young Eagles website.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 After Note 7 Fiasco
- ‘Miracle’ Lion Cub Born At Dallas Zoo, First In 40 Years
- Teens Vandalize, Steal From Keller ISD Elementary School
- Proposed State Budget Trims Funding For TV, Movies And Games
- Wednesday’s Warriors Honors National Vietnam War Veterans Day
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures