Abbott & Davis To Address Law Enforcement
AUSTIN (AP) - The top two candidates for governor will address the Texas’ largest law enforcement union.
The Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas is scheduled to give an award to Democratic Sen. Wendy Davis on Friday. Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott will also give a keynote address.
Both candidates have a long history of supporting law enforcement. Abbott is the state’s top attorney and Davis is being named the Legislative Crime Fighter of the Year for her work eliminating the backlog of untested rape kits.
The organization has 18,500 members across the state and provides legal, lobbying and collective bargaining services to members.
Davis is the only Democratic candidate running to replace Gov. Rick Perry when he retires in 2015. Abbott faces two challengers for the Republican nomination.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Authorities Place 4 Texas Disabled Men In Protective Care
- Texas Experts Say Use Care With Holiday Fireworks
- Veteran Dallas Police Officer Arrested For Sexual Assault
- DeMarco Murray To Play, Doug Free Inactive Vs Colts
- Ellis Leads Mavs Over Spurs In Rondo’s Debut
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures