JCPenney To Open On Thanksgiving Night
NEW YORK (AP) - JCPenney is opening its doors on Thanksgiving evening to kick off the holiday shopping season, as the beleaguered retailer hopes to get back in the game for the crucial selling period.
The Plano-based chain will be opening most of its 1,100 stores at 8:00 p.m., the same time as rival Macy’s. The Thanksgiving evening opening is much earlier than last year, when JCPenney didn’t open until 6:00 a.m. Friday.
JCPenney is also bringing back a tradition it ditched last year: it will give away nearly 2 million holiday snow globes starting at 4:00 a.m. on the Friday after the turkey feast.
Stores are ushering the holiday season in earlier every year, creeping into Thanksgiving. Macy’s 8:00 p.m. opening on Thanksgiving compares with its midnight Friday opening in 2012.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tiger Shoots 82 For Highest Score Of Career
- Coach Carroll Leaves Decision To Sherman If Baby Arrives Early
- Goodell: No Decision Yet On Discipline For Lynch Antics
- Suspect Sketch Released In Lewisville Child Abduction Attempt
- Duncanville Man Shot, Killed In His Car
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures