Nasher Sculpture Center Celebrates 10th Anniversary
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - To celebrate its tenth anniversary, the Nasher Sculpture Center is presenting a city-wide exhibition, Nasher XChange. This art exhibition consists of 10 newly-commissioned public sculptures by contemporary artists at sites throughout the city of Dallas.
Director of the Nasher Sculpture Center, Jeremy Strick, shared with CBS 11News why they are breaking out of the museum. “We hope that by bringing attention to different parts of the city we can help to continue the tradition that was so important to the Nasher’s by sharing art with everyone.”
Each of the artists have produced a new work that responds to a very particular place and helps to tell something about that place. Places such as the Trinity River Audubon Center, which was an industrial dumping site just a few years ago before a massive cleanup effort, transforming it into a nature center.
An artist from Los Angeles named Ruben Ochoa created “Flock in Space” for the space. “It’s not necessarily a depiction of birds but more of their physical attributes, more of their energy of birds in motion.”
The exhibition opens Saturday, October 19th with a celebration and events at each of the 10 sites. For more information visit nashersculpturecenter.org.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Woman Nearly Drowns In Backyard Pool
- Patrol Car Struck By Hit And Run Driver
- Long-Awaited Arrest In Dallas Park Beating Brings Relief
- It’s not how you start: Rangers focused on every part of marathon season
- Attempted Robber Shot In Dallas
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures