SOUTHLAKE (CBSDFW.COM) – Southlake residents will soon enjoy some much needed noise relief from planes flying over their city.
Runway maintenance has caused planes to fly from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport over Southlake since the beginning of October. That’s when DFW Airport started using its runway that faces the city.
Soon after people living in the affluent suburb started complaining about the increased noise in their neighborhoods.
The work on the runway will stop October 27.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dez To Undergo MRI On Knee Following Cowboys Win Over Bears
- Dallas Police Searching For Suspect In Double Murder
- Cowboys Leap Over Bears, Win 31-17
- Golfing Legend Arnold Palmer Dies At 87
- Rangers Can’t Complete Sweep, Fall To A’s 7-1
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures