Police: Teen Dies From Gunshot To Chest In DeSoto
DESOTO (CBSDFW.COM) – Police say a Dallas ISD high school student was shot and killed Thursday night in DeSoto.
DeSoto police were flagged down by passing car as they made a routine traffic stop at about 9:15 p.m. Lavell Jenkins, 17, was bleeding inside the car from a gunshot wound to his chest.
He died later at the hospital.
The shooting happened at in the 600 block of Fern Drive in DeSoto, according to police.
Detectives are actively pursuing this ongoing investigation. No suspect is in custody at this time.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Google Debuts Redefined Logo
- Texas Gas Prices Drop Before Labor Day
- This Week In Baseball: ‘Shoeless’ Joe’s Failed Reinstatement Bid, What It Means For Pete Rose
- Prosecutor: 2nd Video Emerges Of Deadly Shooting By Deputies
- 7-Eleven Expands Home Delivery, But Slurpees Not Included
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures