DESOTO (CBSDFW.COM) – Police say a Dallas ISD high school student was shot and killed Thursday night in DeSoto.
DeSoto police were flagged down by passing car as they made a routine traffic stop at about 9:15 p.m. Lavell Jenkins, 17, was bleeding inside the car from a gunshot wound to his chest.
He died later at the hospital.
The shooting happened at in the 600 block of Fern Drive in DeSoto, according to police.
Detectives are actively pursuing this ongoing investigation. No suspect is in custody at this time.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Master Carpenter Creates Cross Memorial Outside Santa Fe High
- Monkey On The Run At San Antonio Airport
- Rangers To Donate Raffle Proceeds To Santa Fe Education Foundation
- ‘I Am Seeking The Best Solutions’: Governor Abbott To Host Series Of Events On School Safety
- LGBTQ Community Cheers Pope’s Reported ‘God Made You Like This’ Remark
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures