MORGANTOWN (AP) — Keeping quarterbacks healthy has been a challenge so far this season for No. 16 Texas Tech and West Virginia.
Neither team’s coach has yet to disclose which signal caller will start when the Red Raiders (6-0, 3-0 Big 12) play the Mountaineers (3-3, 1-2) for the first time in Morgantown on Saturday.
The Red Raiders’ Kliff Kingsbury hasn’t indicated whether Davis Webb will get his second straight start or if Baker Mayfield will return from a knee injury. Both are freshmen.
West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen says he’ll make a game-time decision Saturday on his starter.
Clint Trickett started the last two games but had been bothered by a sore throwing shoulder. Paul Millard is available but Ford Childress was recently ruled out indefinitely with a torn pectoral muscle.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Keidel: Would Warriors’ NBA Finals Win Hurt Durant’s Legacy?
- Helpful Jerry Reveals Cowboys Draft Wishes
- DeMarcus Ware Retires As A Cowboy After Signing One-Day Contract
- Nerve In Jaylon Smith’s Knee Regenerating; LB Can Lift His Toes & Foot
- Falcons Wide Receiver Mohamed Sanu Shares Heartwarming Note From Fans