Redskins LB Riley Fined For Late Hit On Romo
DALLAS (AP) – Washington linebacker Perry Riley was fined by the NFL $15,750 for his hit on Dallas quarterback Tony Romo last Sunday.
Riley’s hit came after Romo threw a pass in the first quarter, and he was called for a personal foul in the Redskins’ 31-16 loss.
The NFL also confirmed the $31,500 fine handed down to Detroit defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh for his hit on Cleveland Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden.
Since Detroit selected Suh with the No. 2 pick in 2010, he has been fined seven times for more than $200,000. The Associated Press reported the fine on Wednesday.
New England linebacker Brandon Spikes was docked $10,500 for a violation of the league’s uniform policy. He wore “dominantly red shoes” in the Patriots’ win against New Orleans
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- A Firefighter Post Pictures Of Dead Dogs Now Faces Charges
- Andrus Longest-Tenured Rangers Position Player At 26
- Student Hit By Car In Greenville
- Cowboys Offensive Stars Visit Duke Basketball Practice
- 2 Of 5 Suspects Indicted For String Of Burglaries
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures