Texas A&M To Honor Modernizer
Get Breaking News First
COLLEGE STATION (AP) - Texas A&M University System regents are honoring a man who has been called “the father of the modern Texas A&M University.”
On Friday, regents will take a building on the A&M campus already named for former Gov. John Connally and rename it for Connally and William T. Moore Sr.
Bill Moore was a longtime state lawmaker and Texas A&M University champion in the Legislature. He has been granted a pair of sobriquets: “Bull of the Brazos” and “Father of the modern Texas A&M University.” It was he who pressed throughout the 1950s and early `60s to admit women to A&M, finally succeeding in 1963.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Surviving Without Sacks, But Can It Last?
- Baptist Church Youth Leader Arrested For Indecent Exposure
- TCU Showing Pride For Former Ebola Patient Nina Pham
- Prayers Answered By Nurse Nina Pham’s Return To Texas
- Trailer & Tools Stolen From Business Owner Who Employs Vets
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures