Texas A&M To Honor Modernizer
COLLEGE STATION (AP) - Texas A&M University System regents are honoring a man who has been called “the father of the modern Texas A&M University.”
On Friday, regents will take a building on the A&M campus already named for former Gov. John Connally and rename it for Connally and William T. Moore Sr.
Bill Moore was a longtime state lawmaker and Texas A&M University champion in the Legislature. He has been granted a pair of sobriquets: “Bull of the Brazos” and “Father of the modern Texas A&M University.” It was he who pressed throughout the 1950s and early `60s to admit women to A&M, finally succeeding in 1963.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 5 Potential Breakout Stars For The Texas Rangers In 2015
- Breaking Down College Basketball’s Top 25 Teams [6-10]
- Baylor Lady Bears Going For 5th Straight Big 12 Title
- NFL Draft Notes Vol. VII: Second Line Of Defense
- 30 Players: Jonathan Schoop’s Development At Plate Key For Orioles
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures