BYU Swipes 47-46 Victory Over Houston In Shootout
Sports Fan Insider
HOUSTON (AP) – In a game with offensive fireworks, Taysom Hill hit Cameron Ridley for an 11-yard touchdown pass for Brigham Young University to claim a 47-46 comeback road win over Houston on Saturday.
Hill led BYU 41 yards to the winning touchdown and Alani Fua iced the game, intercepting John O’Korn to end Houston’s hopes.
Known for his running ability, Hill went 29 for 44 for 417 yards and four touchdowns to lead BYU (5-2).
O’Korn nearly matched Hill going 29 for 45 for 363 yards and three touchdowns. Both quarterbacks threw three interceptions, but O’Korn’s final pick proved the most costly as it came on the game’s deciding play.
The teams combined for 1,164 yards with only one drive longer than three minutes.
Houston (5-1) scored via the big play, including a 95-yard kickoff return by DeMarcus Ayers, while six of BYU’s eight scoring drives went for 70 yards or longer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Keller PD Uses Social Media To Reveal Speed Traps
- Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With Plane Carrying 239 People
- Police: Husband Suspected Of Killing Wife
- Lake Highland Rape Victims Bravely Face Attacker In Court
- One Of Last Plano Farms Up For Sale
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures