TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — They plan and tinker, double-check this and triple-check that.
Then, they cross their fingers, stick a rabbit’s foot in their race suits, and hope the luck goes their way.
That is Talladega Superspeedway.
By the end of the weekend, the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship could be a whole lot clearer — or just a big ol’ mess.
Talladega is the biggest wild card among the five playoff races left on the schedule, meaning it’s still a little too early to declare points leader Matt Kenseth or the guy in his rearview mirror, Jimmie Johnson, as the only drivers with a legitimate chance to win the Cup.
For those farther back, including Kevin Harvick and Jeff Gordon, this might be the best chance to make a big move.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Want To Avoid The Flu While Flying? Try A Window Seat
- Male Birth Control Pill Found To Be Safe And Effective By Study
- Austin Bombings: Texas Buying X-Ray Machines To Assist Investigation
- 19-Year-Old Arrested, Charged In Fatal St. Patrick’s Day Shooting
- 5 Things: March Madness Off To Wild Start
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures