TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — They plan and tinker, double-check this and triple-check that.
Then, they cross their fingers, stick a rabbit’s foot in their race suits, and hope the luck goes their way.
That is Talladega Superspeedway.
By the end of the weekend, the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship could be a whole lot clearer — or just a big ol’ mess.
Talladega is the biggest wild card among the five playoff races left on the schedule, meaning it’s still a little too early to declare points leader Matt Kenseth or the guy in his rearview mirror, Jimmie Johnson, as the only drivers with a legitimate chance to win the Cup.
For those farther back, including Kevin Harvick and Jeff Gordon, this might be the best chance to make a big move.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Demonstrators Rally At Fort Worth Black Lives Matter Protest
- Moreland’s Game-Ending HR Gives Rangers 2-1 Over Royals
- More Than 600 Animals Rescued In July By SPCA Cruelty Investigators
- Army Report: Grenade Found In Room Of Dallas Gunman In 2014
- Cowboys Pay Tribute To Dallas Police Before Start Of Camp
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures