GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Lamar Shaw scored from a yard out and Mitchell Ward kicked two field goals as Delaware State defeated North Carolina A&T 12-7 on Saturday.
The Hornets (3-4, 3-1) remained in the thick of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference race while the Aggies (3-3, 1-3) dropped their third straight.
The DSU defense held the Aggies to 57 yards rushing and 208 yards overall.
Cory Murphy’s 43-yard pass to Milton Williams was the key play in a first-quarter drive that ended with Ward’s 37-yard field goal. Williams made six catches for 100 yards.
Ward added a 43-yard field goal in the second quarter before the Hornets scored their only touchdown in the third quarter, which came after a 15-play, 79-yard drive. DSU rushed the ball 13 times on the drive, throwing two incomplete passes.
The Aggies’ only score came on a 7-yard touchdown pass from Lewis Kindle to Desmond Lawrence with 1:57 left.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Constable Fed-Up With Student Bullies Posts Tough Warning
- More Parents Choosing Not To Vaccinate Their Children
- Families Flock To Walsh Development In Fort Worth
- Texas Lawmakers Closer To Ending Sanctuary City Protections
- DPA President Calls On City Council To Protect Officers
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures