CLAYTON, Okla. (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a man from Terrell was found dead with the wreckage of a small airplane in southeastern Oklahoma.
The OHP says the body of 54-year-old Stephen Mark Hardin was found Saturday morning southwest of Sardis Lake in northern Pushmataha County.
An OHP news release says troopers were asked to help look for the plane after it failed to arrive in Terrell on Friday after taking off from Tahlequah earlier in the day.
The single-engine Cessna was spotted in a heavily wooded area from the air by the OHP on Friday – but the area could not be reached until Saturday morning because of inclement weather and poor road conditions.
The OHP says Hardin was the only person on board the aircraft.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Baylor Bounces Back Before Visiting Surprising TCU
- FBI Investigating Threats To Jewish Centers
- NASA Study In Hawaii Paving Way For Human Travel To Mars
- Democrats Again To Lead Just 2 Texas Senate Committees
- No. 2 Baylor Lady Bears Win 16th Straight, 68-42 Over Iowa State
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures