CLAYTON, Okla. (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a man from Terrell was found dead with the wreckage of a small airplane in southeastern Oklahoma.
The OHP says the body of 54-year-old Stephen Mark Hardin was found Saturday morning southwest of Sardis Lake in northern Pushmataha County.
An OHP news release says troopers were asked to help look for the plane after it failed to arrive in Terrell on Friday after taking off from Tahlequah earlier in the day.
The single-engine Cessna was spotted in a heavily wooded area from the air by the OHP on Friday – but the area could not be reached until Saturday morning because of inclement weather and poor road conditions.
The OHP says Hardin was the only person on board the aircraft.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Say Man Tried To Electrocute Father, On Thanksgiving, Over Will
- Packers And Lions Prepare For Big Thursday Night NFC North Battle
- Prison For Texas Man Who Stole Marijuana From Marshal’s Office
- Fort Worth Police Arrest Suspect In 2 Slayings, At Motel, House
- Concerns About Proposed Grocery Store Expected To Fill City Council Meeting
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures