GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Shawn Marion had 13 points and eight rebounds, leading the Dallas Mavericks to an 89-83 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Saturday night.
Jose Calderon contributed 13 points and five assists for the Mavericks, who never trailed in the second half and built a lead of as many as 16 points in the fourth quarter.
The Bobcats’ three-game winning streak was snapped despite 14 points and 10 rebounds off the bench from rookie Cody Zeller.
Bobcats guard Ben Gordon sat out as he recovered from a procedure to relieve soreness in his right knee. Gordon will miss the remainder of the preseason.
Dallas forward Dirk Nowitzki did not play, getting a night of rest despite occasional “We want Dirk!” chants from some of the 7,678 fans at the Greensboro Coliseum.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fantasy Football: Who To Start, Who To Sit For Week 7
- State Rep. From San Antonio Arrested For Family Violence
- Keller ISD Fires Employee Charged With Online Solicitation Of Minor
- Will The Return Of Stars Disrupt Team Chemistry?
- Texas, 2 Other States Deny Russia Request To Monitor Election
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures