FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Michel had a goal and an assist to help FC Dallas beat Seattle 2-0 on Saturday, preventing the Sounders from clinching a playoff spot.
Michel, who replaced Kenny Cooper in the 58th minute, scored in the 87th minute after he tapped a shot into the right corner of the net from the top of the goalie’s box. Michel rebounded a missed shot by David Ferreira before scoring his third goal of the season.
Michel set up FC Dallas’ first goal in the 65th minute when he arched a free kick to Matt Hedges. Hedges redirected the pass with a header from about 10 yards away that bounced off the ground and into the top left corner of the net.
FC Dallas improved to 11-11-1 with its third victory in its past 20 matches.
Seattle (15-12-6) has lost four straight.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures