COLLEGE STATION (AP) — Nick Marshall accounted for four scores and No. 24 Auburn battered Johnny Manziel in a 45-41 win over No. 7 Texas A&M on Saturday.
Tre Mason’s 5-yard score with less than two minutes to play was first ruled down at the 1, but it was reviewed and ruled a touchdown.
A&M (5-2, 2-2 SEC) had a last chance, but Manziel was sacked by Dee Ford on fourth down to secure the win.
Manziel threw for 454 yards and four touchdowns and ran for a fifth score, but also had two interceptions and missed a series in the fourth quarter with an apparent injury to his right arm or shoulder before returning.
Marshall threw for 236 yards and two touchdowns and ran for 100 yards and two more scores for Auburn (6-1, 3-1), which lost 63-21 to the Aggies last season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bathroom Choice Debate Intensifies In North Texas
- Mosquitofish Inexpensive Ally In Zika Virus Fight
- Faksa Has Goal And Assist, Stars Beat Blues 2-1 In Game 1
- Cowboys’ Jaylon Smith – A Medical Risk But ‘Never Doubt God’
- Tornado Damages Buildings In East Texas
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures