WACO (AP) — Bryce Petty threw for 343 yards and two touchdowns, Antwan Goodley had 182 yards receiving and two scores, and No. 12 Baylor tied a school record with its 10th straight win, beating Iowa State 71-7 on Saturday night.
The Bears, who came in averaging 70.5 points in four home games but were slowed in a come-from-behind win at Kansas State last week, led 37-0 at halftime and narrowly missed its first shutout win in the Big 12.
Baylor (6-0, 3-0 Big 12) matched its 10-game winning streak from 1936-37.
Iowa State (1-5, 0-3) was without quarterback Sam Richardson while Baylor pulled away in the second quarter. The Cyclones had nine first downs and three turnovers.
The Cyclones scored with 47 with seconds left on a 27-yard pass from Grant Rohach to DeVondrick Nealy. Corey Coleman returned the ensuing kickoff 97 yards to give Baylor its fourth 70-point game this season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arlington’s Pentatonix To Sing Thursday Night Football Theme
- Schwarber On Cubs’ World Series Roster; Could start At DH
- Bowlsby Disagrees With Iowa State AD’s Synopsis Of Big 12
- Wells Fargo Pushing Ad Campaign Addressing Sales Scandal
- The Amazing TRON Roller Coaster At Shanghai Disneyland
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures