PRAIRIE VIEW (AP) — De’Auntre Smiley and Jerry Lovelocke combined to complete 29 of 43 passes for 319 yards and four touchdowns and Prairie View A&M rolled to a 51-14 win over Mississippi Valley State in a Southwestern Athletic Conference game on Saturday.
Patrick Durr’s 7-yard touchdown run for MVSU (1-6, 1-4) with 11:54 to play in the first half tied the score at 7-7, but Prairie View would rattle off 37 straight points to blow the game open.
The Panthers (5-3, 4-2) allowed a season-low 178 total yards, their fewest yards allowed since holding Arkansas-Pine Bluff to 197 in October of 2010. The Delta Devils converted just 6 of 19 third downs.
The two teams combined for 20 penalties totaling 249 yards.
Lovelocke, who came into the game ranked 10th in the FCS in total offense (304.4), finished with just 182.
Deandre Cooper had 77 yards receiving and two scores for Prairie View.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New Approach To Panhandling Concerns In Deep Ellum Aimed At Givers
- 18-Year-Old Identified As Victim Of Fiery Tractor-Trailer Crash In Grand Prairie
- Dallas May Steep Up K2 Regulations
- Twitter Reacts To Super Bowl 50
- Denver Broncos Win Super Bowl 50
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures