Fort Worth Alliance Air Show Entertains 45,000 Fans
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The Fort Worth Alliance Air Show drew a crowd of 45,000 people this weekend. Attendees enjoyed an all-star lineup headlined by the Black Diamond Jet Team (shown above), civilian aerobatic stars, classic military aircraft and a special appearance by the Spirit of Alliance T-38 Talon.
Show officials reported strong attendance at the annual two-day event, despite cooler than normal temperatures each morning. Held at the Fort Worth Alliance Airport, the show is the centerpiece of the 18,000-acre AllianceTexas development housing 350 companies, 35,000 employees and more than 7,400 single-family homes.
“We couldn’t be more pleased with this year’s show,” said Tom Harris, President of Alliance Air Services. “Spectators, performers, sponsors, community leaders, the airport, and volunteers all contributed to make this show a tremendous success. Our hats are off to the people of Fort Worth for pulling off this great event.”
Proceeds from the show will benefit local charities and non-profit organizations including the DFO USO. Since 2006, the show has provided more than $358,000 in donations to community non-profit organizations.
“This weekend’s show was a great way for our community to salute our military,” said Harris. “We want to thank our loyal Air Show fans for coming out and showing their colors.”
Plans for next year’s air show are already in the works and performers and ticket information will be announced later this year.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Shot At Arlington Mobile Home Park
- Mavs Hand Pacers Their 4th Straight Loss
- Stars Call Up Nilstorp With Lehtonen In Limbo
- Lady Bears Beat OSU In Semifinals
- West Virginia Women Beat Texas In Semifinals
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures