Ex-Texas Tech Standout Okafor Honored By NCAA
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
LUBBOCK (AP) — Former Texas Tech track and field standout Ifeatu Okafor was honored as the 2013 NCAA Woman of the Year.
Okafor was selected Sunday night from nine finalists during the 23rd annual NCAA Woman of the Year awards program in Indianapolis. The award recognizes female student-athletes who’ve distinguished themselves in academics, athletic excellence, community service and leadership.
Okafor was a four-year letter-winner for Texas Tech, specializing in the shot put and discus. The exercise and sport sciences graduate is currently studying to become a physician’s assistant at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Would-be Homebuyers Consider Remodeling Instead
- SMU Sells Beer For The First Time At Home Game
- North Texas Dominates Nicholls 77-3
- No. 6 Texas A&M rolls 58-6 over June-less SMU
- Silver Alert Canceled After Missing Fort Worth Senior Found
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures