HOUSTON (AP) — Dwight Howard had 15 points and 17 rebounds and James Harden scored 19 to help the Houston Rockets to a 100-95 win over the Dallas Mavericks on in a preseason game on Monday night.
Houston coach Kevin McHale moved Howard to power forward on Monday to get 7-foot center Omer Asik in the lineup with the team’s new acquisition. Asik had four points and nine rebounds in his first game this season after dealing with a calf injury.
The game was tied late in the third before the Rockets used a 7-0 run to take a 77-70 lead and hold on for the win.
Dirk Nowitzki had 11 points and four blocked shots before he was ejected late in the third quarter after drawing a flagrant two foul for knocking Omri Casspi to the ground on a fast break.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Search Ongoing For Missing Tri-Chem Worker After Explosion
- Cursive Writing Connects Seniors With Elementary School Students
- How Facebook ‘Likes’ Could Profile Voters For Manipulation
- Is Secondhand Marijuana Smoke Dangerous? Biologist Says Yes
- Want To Avoid The Flu While Flying? Try A Window Seat
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures