DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – The Dallas Mavericks have requested waivers on 7-foot center Fab Melo and three other players. With Tuesday’s moves, the Mavericks roster is now stands at 16.
Dallas also requested waivers on Renaldo Balkman, Devin Ebanks and D.J. Kennedy.
Melo was a first-round pick by Boston last year and played six games for the Celtics. He was traded to Memphis in August and waived by the Grizzlies two weeks later. He joined Mavs last month before training camp.
In preseason games for Dallas: Melo averaged 1.7 points, 2.0 rebounds and 8.9 minutes – Balkman averaged 5.8, 2.5 rebounds in 12.4 minutes – Ebanks averaged 4.8 points, 2 rebounds and 10.4 minutes – Kennedy averaged 1 point, 1.2 rebounds and 7.4 minutes.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Head Coach Will Risk Arrest To Attend Sons’ School Events
- Mount Pleasant Reeling After Fatal Bus Crash
- Hate Killing Suspect’s Kin ‘Shocked, Horrified’
- DPD Choir Serves Sweet Songs And Barbeque To Raise Money
- Grass Fire Breaks Out West Of DFW
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures