RadioShack’s Q3 Loss Widens
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (AP) - RadioShack’s net loss widened in the third quarter as the struggling electronics retailer works on a turnaround plan.
The Fort Worth-based company on Tuesday said it received $835 million in financing lead by GE Capital.
RadioShack has been cutting costs, shuffling management and updating stores and product selection to battle back against tough competition from online retailers and discount stores.
Its loss widened to $112.4 million, or $1.11 per share, for the three months ended Sept. 30. That compares with a loss of $47.1 million, or 47 cents per share, in the prior-year quarter. Analysts expected a smaller loss of 37 cents per share, according to FactSet.
Revenue fell 10 percent to $805.4 million from $898 million last year.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Federal Judge Halts Key Part Of Texas Abortion Law
- American Airlines Fares Back On Orbitz After Deal
- College Football Announces Championship Weekend Events
- Rangers Place Adduci On Concussion DL, Call Up Rua
- Faber Happy To Support Teammate Dillishaw At UFC 177
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures