DALLAS (AP) – Texas Instruments Inc. says its net income fell 20 percent in the third quarter.
The Dallas-based chipmaker on Monday said it expects earnings per share of 42 cents to 50 cents in the last three months of the year, below the 51 cents that analysts polled by FactSet predicted. It expects revenue of $2.86 billion to $3.1 billion, also below the $3.11 billion analysts forecast.
For the three months to Sept. 30, net income came to $629 million, or 56 cents per share, from $784 million, or 67 cents per share, in the same period a year ago.
Revenue fell 4 percent to $3.24 billion. Analysts expected a deeper drop, to $3.23 billion.
TI’s revenue has been hurt by declines in its legacy wireless business.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Officer Hospitalized After Vehicle Crashes Into Patrol Car
- Authorities Investigating Shooting At Dallas Police Substation
- Fort Worth Native, Actor Bill Paxton Dies At 61
- Noel Makes Debut; Mavericks Defeat Pelicans 96-83
- 2 Sisters Meet Each Other For The First Time
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures