Texas Instruments Q3 Profit Drops
DALLAS (AP) - Texas Instruments Inc. says its net income fell 20 percent in the third quarter.
The Dallas-based chipmaker on Monday said it expects earnings per share of 42 cents to 50 cents in the last three months of the year, below the 51 cents that analysts polled by FactSet predicted. It expects revenue of $2.86 billion to $3.1 billion, also below the $3.11 billion analysts forecast.
For the three months to Sept. 30, net income came to $629 million, or 56 cents per share, from $784 million, or 67 cents per share, in the same period a year ago.
Revenue fell 4 percent to $3.24 billion. Analysts expected a deeper drop, to $3.23 billion.
TI’s revenue has been hurt by declines in its legacy wireless business.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mavericks Embarrass Heat In 2nd Half, Win 93-72
- Prime Prep, Charter School Started By Deion Sanders Closed
- Judge To Rule On Motion To End Midland Veterans Parade Crash Trial
- Specialized Veterinary Care Worth The Price For Pet Owners
- Softball Team Plays For First Time Since Fatal Crash
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures