Tom Holland Art Exhibition At North Texas Gallery
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Some critics have called him one of the top ten greatest living artists in the country. Now you can see Tom Holland’s work for yourself.
Tom Holland’s career has spanned more than 50 years. His work also spans across the country and now he has a show at Samuel Lynne Galleries.
Michael Bivins, CEO and Partner at Samuel Lynne Galleries shared with CBS 11 News what having an artist of this caliber means to the gallery. “He’s in the Museum of Modern Art, Guggenheim, the San Francisco Museum of Art. He’s in all of these prominent museums and to have him here at Samuel Lynne is probably one of the biggest things that’s happened since we’ve been opened.”
His paintings are not only about color, but about the materials he uses. Industrial materials like fiberglass, aluminum and epoxy paint. “When I build these pieces and they’re just aluminum they are okay, but they don’t start coming to life until I prime them and put color on them. The color is what gives them life.”
Tom Holland’s exhibition opened on Saturday and runs through November 18.
- Blue Bell Ice Cream Back In Some Stores
- Cowboys ‘Deep Blue’ Captures Romo/Quincy Start
- Bridgewater Perfect For Vikings, Romo Solid For Cowboys
- Holland Ks 11 For Rangers In 6-0 Win Over O’s For 3-Game Sweep
- Dixon Snatches IndyCar Championship Away From Montoya
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures