Former Arlington Principal On Trial For Child Sex Crimes
ORLANDO (CBSDFW.COM) – Jury selection began Wednesday in federal court in the case of a former Arlington principal who has been charged with solicitation of sex with a minor.
Stephen Paulsen, 54, was arrested by Boyton Beach, Florida police in July. Paulsen was accused of exchanging sexual messages with what he believed was a teenage boy, and setting up a time and place to meet the teen.
Paulsen was actually communicating with an undercover police officer. Prosecutors say along with sexual chats, Paulsen sent pictures of adult males having sex to what he believed was a 15-year-old boy.
At the time Paulsen entered a not guilty plea, Greg Schiller, with the Florida State Attorney’s Office, said, “Chat conversation from Mr. Paulsen was sexually charged and what in Florida amounted to probable cause for there to be charges for soliciting a minor online.”
Paulsen has been jailed in Orlando since his July arrest. He resigned from his position at Morton Elementary School immediately after the arrest, where a staff member said he had found pornographic websites downloaded on Paulsen’s school-issued iPad.
At the time the photos were discovered, Paulsen claimed he had loaned the device to someone else who downloaded the sites. Paulsen was employed with the Arlington Independent School District for eight years, the last two as principal for Morton Elementary.
- Cowboys First-Teamers ‘In Good Place’ After Vikings Effort
- Dallas Police Arrest Security Officer In Wife’s Murder
- North Texas Kids Prepare To Compete For Championship In Taekwondo
- Fort Worth Duplex Damaged By Fire Caused By A/C
- Fans Get Perfect Traffic Storm When Cowboys, Rangers Play At Same Time
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures