ORLANDO (CBSDFW.COM) – Jury selection began Wednesday in federal court in the case of a former Arlington principal who has been charged with solicitation of sex with a minor.
Stephen Paulsen, 54, was arrested by Boyton Beach, Florida police in July. Paulsen was accused of exchanging sexual messages with what he believed was a teenage boy, and setting up a time and place to meet the teen.
Paulsen was actually communicating with an undercover police officer. Prosecutors say along with sexual chats, Paulsen sent pictures of adult males having sex to what he believed was a 15-year-old boy.
At the time Paulsen entered a not guilty plea, Greg Schiller, with the Florida State Attorney’s Office, said, “Chat conversation from Mr. Paulsen was sexually charged and what in Florida amounted to probable cause for there to be charges for soliciting a minor online.”
Paulsen has been jailed in Orlando since his July arrest. He resigned from his position at Morton Elementary School immediately after the arrest, where a staff member said he had found pornographic websites downloaded on Paulsen’s school-issued iPad.
At the time the photos were discovered, Paulsen claimed he had loaned the device to someone else who downloaded the sites. Paulsen was employed with the Arlington Independent School District for eight years, the last two as principal for Morton Elementary.
- Mom Of Missing Girl In Court, As Officials Work To ID Body Found
- Bergdahl Could Get Life In Prison For Endangering Comrades
- Dallas Police Officers Injured In Crash With Suspected Drunk Driver
- Target Says Customers Want To Pause The ‘Christmas Creep’
- Judge Rejects NFL Attempt To Speed Up Zeke Case, Hearing Set For Oct 30
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures