Fort Worth Cop Charged With Stealing Shoes
FORT WORTH (AP) – A North Texas police officer has been charged with stealing a pair of pricey athletic shoes during a drug raid.
A statement from Fort Worth police says Sgt. Antoine Williams was booked Tuesday on a charge of theft by a public servant. Tarrant County jail online records show Williams was no longer in custody Wednesday.
Court documents indicate a man who lives at the home reported some Air Jordan sneakers, which sell for more than $100, missing following the raid.
Williams allegedly was seen by fellow officers carrying shoes from the residence. Investigators who searched the sergeant’s home recovered shoes similar to those reported missing.
No publicly listed phone number could immediately be located for Williams, who’s been a Fort Worth officer since 1999. He’s now on restricted duty status.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lake Ray Hubbard Busy With Boaters
- Rangers Activate RHP Neftali Feliz From DL; Option Nick Martinez
- Spike In Accidental Child Drownings Seen As Epidemic
- 5 Recent Cowboys’ Player Suspensions For Violating NFL Substance Abuse Policy
- Texas-Based Whole Foods Apologizes for Pricing Problems
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures