COLLEGE STATION (AP) — Texas A&M basketball player Kourtney Roberson has undergone a procedure at a hospital after experiencing a rapid heart rate during practice.
The school said in a news release that Roberson underwent an outpatient procedure Thursday at Scott & White Hospital in College Station.
The team says the junior from Arcadia, La., is expected to resume basketball activities in “the coming weeks.” Roberson had the procedure after he was evaluated by the team’s medical staff when the issue arose in practice Monday.
The 6-foot-9 forward averaged 6.9 points and 6.6 rebounds last season, starting 32 of 33 games. Roberson took a red shirt year the previous season after appearing in nine games before breaking an ankle.
The Aggies open the season Nov. 8 at home against Buffalo.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Warriors Move On In NBA Playoffs With Sweep Of Trail Blazers
- Texas Senate Approves Closing State Refugee Office
- Cowboys Honor Ware, Ponder Need With Post-Romo Future Secure
- Dallas Newsstand Operator Accused Of $16M Fraud Against Government
- US Students Score Poorly In Arts And Music Exam
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures