RALEIGH (CBSDFW.COM) – A plane on its way from Washington D.C. to Dallas made an unscheduled landing in Raleigh on Thursday morning due to a medical emergency on board.
Texas Congressman Pete Gallego tells CBS 11 News that fellow Congressman Raul Ruiz (California), whose Twitter feed identifies him as an emergency room doctor, helped stabilize the collapsed female passenger.
American Airlines flight 175 from Washington Reagan landed at Raleigh–Durham International Airport and is now en route to DFW International Airport, according to American spokesman Mike Trevino. The flight is expected to arrive at 9:45 a.m. CST.
The condition of the patient is unknown.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Ellis Hits Winner As Mavs Beat Blazers 108-106
- Fort Worth Police Kill Dog Attacking Man
- Baylor Wins First Big 12 Title, 30-10 Over Texas
- Seguin Has 3-Goal Second, Stars Beat Flyers 5-1
- Deadly Truck Pileup Reported On I-10 In West Texas
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures