SAN ANTONIO (AP) — A South Texas woman has been accused of ripping her 6-year-old son’s genitals during a rage and trying to repair the wound with glue.
An FBI complaint charges the 34-year-old San Antonio woman with assault within maritime and territorial jurisdiction resulting in serious bodily injury. The mother, who was arrested Wednesday, remains in custody pending a bail hearing Monday in federal court in San Antonio.
The boy’s father is in the Army. The incident happened Sept. 27 at the family’s home at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston.
Prosecutors say the father returned home from work, found his injured son and took him to a military hospital. The boy, who’s recovering from a lacerated scrotum and bruising, remains with his father.
Authorities are investigating why the mother was angry.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gwynn’s Family Sues Tobacco Industry Over Star’s Death
- Writings By Mother Teresa To Be Published In August
- Muscle Cars Aren’t So Strong In Crash Tests
- Clinton Says Trump Could “Bankrupt America”
- Adult Smoking Rate Falling Fast In U.S.
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures