Irving Home Destroyed By Overnight Fire
IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – A two-alarm fire destroyed an east Irving home early Thursday morning, as firefighters’ efforts were delayed by a valve problem on site.
Heavy flames were showing when Irving firefighters arrived at the home along Scarlet Oaks Drive at East Oakdale Road around midnight.
An older man who lived at the residence told firefighters that he heard a loud crack of flames, grabbed his walker, and left the residence. The man’s wife returned home from work to join him outside.
The valve problem prevented firefighters from getting water on the flames as quickly as normal. Investigators have not determined the cause of the fire.
No one was injured.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Super Saturday Tops Black Friday as Biggest Shopping Day
- TCU Improves To 11-0 With 88-57 Win Over UTSA
- Cedar Hill Beats Katy Again For Texas 6A-II Title
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures