LUBBOCK (AP) — Texas Tech has climbed to No. 10 in the rankings behind confident first-year coach Kliff Kingsbury.
The 34-year-old’s energy and enthusiasm are palpable and clearly having an effect on his unbeaten team.
Kingsbury, the first in a long line of record-setting quarterbacks at Texas Tech under former coach Mike Leach, returned to his alma mater in December to try to revitalize the program.
So far, so good. The Red Raiders (7-0, 4-0 Big 12) lead the conference after being picked seventh in the preseason poll.
The have a big test Saturday, going on the road to play No. 17 Oklahoma (6-1, 3-1).
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bryant Becomes First WR To Reach No. 1 On NFLPA Top 50 Player Sales List
- White Sox Activate Sale Following Suspension For Cutting Up Throwback Uniforms
- Cowboys Not Presently Pursuing QB Nick Foles
- Redskins Place Former TCU WR Doctson On Physically Unable To Perform List
- Cowboys Draft Pick Dak Prescott Acquitted Of Mississippi DUI
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures