DALLAS (AP) — Lee Harvey Oswald’s gold wedding band has sold at auction for $118,000.
RR Auction said the ring sold to a buyer from Texas who wished to remain anonymous. The ring that once belonged to the assassin of President John F. Kennedy was among almost 300 items linked to Kennedy’s life and death that went up for auction Thursday in Boston.
Nov. 22 is the 50th anniversary of the 1963 assassination of Kennedy in downtown Dallas.
Oswald left the ring in a cup on the dresser on the morning of the assassination. After being turned over to the Secret Service, it spent decades in the files of a Fort Worth lawyer before being returned to his widow. She agreed to put it up for auction.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Thousands Of People Pay Final Respects To Barbara Bush
- Dallas County Nearly Doubles Couple’s Property Value
- North Korea Says It Has Suspended Nuclear, Missile Testing
- Railroad Commissioner Responds To Dallas Mayor’s Comments
- Former President George Bush Greets Those Saying Goodbye To Former First Lady
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures