Search For Missing Garland Man Continues
Get Breaking News First
GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – Though the Silver Alert has ended, the search for a missing Garland man who has dementia just got stronger.
82-year-old Hal Ticknor has been missing since Oct. 11 when he left his home on Morningside Drive while his wife was at work.
Now his spiritual family at First United Methodist church of Garland has joined the search. Reverend Fred Durham says they’ve reached out to 600 Methodist churches in North Texas and Southern Oklahoma for help.
“We’ve gotten people involved who own helicopters and airplanes,” said Durham. “They’re out being part of the search as well.”
Durham says they’re also using social media to reach the masses.
He says police are checking a tip from Saturday, when a Denton woman saw a man matching Ticknor’s description trying to cross the streets near a Kroger store south of Denton.
If you see him, you are urged to call police.
“Just hold onto him,” said Durham. “He’s disoriented. He won’t know his way back and perhaps not know at all where he is.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- PD: Wylie Teens Planned Classmate’s Murder
- NSA Leaker Edward Snowden Speaks At SXSW Conference
- Japanese Bitcoin Exchange Files US Bankruptcy Case In Dallas
- Southwest Announces Potential Flights From Dallas Love
- Rare 1849 State Of Texas Map To Be Auctioned In Dallas
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures