NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A Spirit Airlines spokeswoman says a flight that departed New Orleans bound for the Dallas/Fort Worth airport returned to Louis Armstrong International Airport after a “smoky odor” was detected in the plane’s cabin.
Spirit spokeswoman Misty Pinson said the plane carrying 86 passengers landed safely Thursday. No injuries were reported.
In an email, Pinson described Flight 365’s landing as “normal” and said the decision to return to New Orleans was a “safety precaution.”
An airport spokeswoman said the plane landed around 2:15 p.m.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Addison Apartment Fire Sparked By Lightning Strike
- Baker’s Solo HR Lifts TCU Past West Virginia, 11-10
- SEC, ACC combine for 13 of 16 NCAA baseball tourney sites
- Banks, Moss Power Texas A&M To SEC Title, 12-5 Over Florida
- Army Veteran To Receive Home From Local Charity
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures