Spirit Flight Bound For Dallas Returns To New Orleans
Get Breaking News First
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A Spirit Airlines spokeswoman says a flight that departed New Orleans bound for the Dallas/Fort Worth airport returned to Louis Armstrong International Airport after a “smoky odor” was detected in the plane’s cabin.
Spirit spokeswoman Misty Pinson said the plane carrying 86 passengers landed safely Thursday. No injuries were reported.
In an email, Pinson described Flight 365’s landing as “normal” and said the decision to return to New Orleans was a “safety precaution.”
An airport spokeswoman said the plane landed around 2:15 p.m.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mavs Top The Grizzlies, 108-103
- Iconic Fashion Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead At 82
- Ebola Patient Released From Atlanta Hospital
- Exclusive Look Inside Decontaminated Ebola Apartment
- Experts: Savings At The Pump Could Boost Holiday Shopping
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures