DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas County Health and Human Services is offering the seasonal flu vaccine for children and adults. The adult flu vaccine is free for all uninsured and low income Dallas County adult residents and individuals covered by Medicare.
The vaccine is also free for children who are eligible for Texas Vaccines for Children.
The county says they also have the Flu Mist available for children 2-18 years of age.
The adult flu vaccine is offered in the adult immunization clinic on the first floor at the Dallas County Health and Human Services Building, 2377 North Stemmons Freeway in Dallas. Clinic hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday – Friday. Officials say appointments aren’t necessary. The children’s flu vaccine is available at all Dallas County Health and Human Services immunization clinics. More information is available at 214-819-2163.
County Officials don’t anticipate this flu season to be much different from last year, but they say that doesn’t change the importance of getting vaccinated.
The Centers for Disease Control tracks flu activity across the nation and shows Texas as the having the highest level of flu activity for the week of ending October 11. Click here to visit the CDC’s FluView website.
Health and Human Services also offers resources for prevention of the flu and to identify flu symptoms and treatment. Click here to visit flu.gov.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Exclusive Interview: Tony Romo Talks Surgery, Downplays Injury
- Texan With Character: Bob Tallman
- Timelapse Video: Behind The Scenes Of “Tested By A Tornado”
- Judge Grants Johnny Manziel’s Ex-Girlfriend Protective Order
- Dallas Police Investigating Domestic Violence Assault Complaint Against Johnny Manziel
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures