Health & Human Services Secretary Promises Review Of Obamacare Website Contracts
CBS DFW (con't)
Affordable Care Act Updates: CBSDFW.com/ACA
Health News & Information: CBSDFW.com/Health
AUSTIN (AP) — Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has promised to review the performance of contractors who helped build a foundering website intended to help people buy health insurance.
Sebelius said Friday she would make sure taxpayers got their money’s worth from the private companies contracted to build HealthCare.gov.
During a visit to Austin, she met with two people who had successfully used the website to enroll in a health plan. Both said they struggled with the site but were eventually happy with their policies and the prices they paid.
Sebelius said the website is getting better every day, but still needs improvement. She said the Spanish language version of the site was on hold until the bugs are worked out on the overall system.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Force Behind Dallas Holocaust Museum Passes Away
- McKinney Man Faces Indecency With A Child Charge
- Jury Still Stuck In Chris Kyle-Jesse Ventura Trial
- FAA Proposes $12M Fine For Southwest Airlines
- Flower Mound To Debut Police Bike Patrol Program
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures