AUSTIN (AP) — Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is visiting Austin and San Antonio to promote the federal health care overhaul.
Sebelius will meet with Austin Mayor Lee Leffingwell and San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro on Friday.
A statement from her office says Sebelius will highlight the ways Texans can learn about the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Critics are calling for Sebelius to resign because the federal website designed to help people buy health insurance is still not working more than three weeks after it launched. The online health insurance exchange is supposed to allow the uninsured buy affordable health insurance and in many cases receive government subsidies.
President Barack Obama’s signature Affordable Care Act requires all Americans to purchase health insurance. The White House recently extended the deadline.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Shot By Homeowner After Attempted Break-In
- Dallas Police Need Help Finding Missing 14-Year-Old
- Rope Manufacturing Plant In Flames
- Motel Shooting Leaves One Dead
- Kobe Bryant Says He Will Retire At End Of Season
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Mexican Monster Truck Wreck Kills 8, Hurts Dozens
- Nolan, Daniels Involved In Heated Confrontation
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures