NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – DeSoto Police have arrested five suspects in the murder of a Dallas teenager.
Eighteen-year-old Tramon Mathis, 20-year-old Lamaud Mathis, 18-year-old Kyel Rodriguez, and two unidentified 16-year-olds have been charged with capital murder in the death of 16 year old Lovell Jenkins.
Police records claim the suspects planned to rob Jenkins last Friday and lured him to the corner of Fern and Aviary in DeSoto.
Witnesses say the suspects approached, asking to buy marijuana, then two opened fire on the car.
“I heard a noise like gunshots and I woke up,” said Marva Edwards, who lives nearby. Edwards assumed the noise had come from a TV she’d left on.
When police arrived an hour later, though, she checked her surveillance cameras and found video of Jenkins being murdered in a car.
“The door opened and that’s when you can see two flashes,” she said.
Police records claim the video helped them quickly identify the killers. “I’m happy that we were able to help,” said Edwards.
- Police Investigate Burglary At Oak Cliff Restaurant
- Release: Most Successful Texas State Fair In 130-Year History
- Average Gasoline Price Down 4 Cents To $2.25 A Gallon
- FC Dallas Wins Supporters’ Shield In 0-0 Draw With Galaxy
- Police Investigating Double Homicide In Fort Worth