Cowboys Release OL Arkin, Activate S Hamilton
IRVING (AP) — The Dallas Cowboys have released guard David Arkin, who never played in a game after getting drafted in the fourth round two years ago.
Arkin was inactive all 16 games his rookie season and active but didn’t play seven times last year. He was active just one this season, for the opener against the New York Giants.
The Cowboys filled Arkin’s spot by activating safety Jakar Hamilton from their practice squad Saturday with rookie starter J.J. Wilcox out with a right knee sprain.
Hamilton is an undrafted rookie out of South Carolina State.
Jeff Heath, another rookie free agent, will start Sunday at Detroit in the place of Wilcox, who injured his knee in practice Thursday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
*Listen to Dallas Cowboys football on 105.3 The Fan
- Baylor Quarterback Russell Finally Gets To Play At Kansas
- Kansas State Hopes To Upset No. 2 TCU
- Cowboys LB Sean Lee Cleared To Play Following Concussion
- Shooting On Texas Southern University Campus
- Cowboys Defensive Back Brandon Carr On The Meaning Of His Tattoos
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures