Moore, Jackson St Outduel Prairie View 51-38
SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) — Clayton Moore accounted for five touchdowns and Jackson State pulled away late to beat Prairie View 51-38 in a Southwestern Conference contest Saturday night.
De’Auntre Smiley connected with Deandre Cooper on a 93-yard catch and run for a touchdown to tie the game late in the third quarter, but Tommy Gooden’s 3-yard touchdown run with 12:14 remaining gave the Tigers (7-2, 7-0) the lead for good.
Gooden finished with 203 yards rushing.
Moore passed for 235 yards and four touchdowns, including three to Zach Pendleton in the first half, and added 104 yards and a score on the ground.
Pendleton caught eight balls for 130 yards.
Prairie View (5-4, 4-3) quarterback Jerry Lovelocke, who came into the game with the seventh most passing yards in the FCS, did not play reportedly due to an undisclosed injury. De’Auntre Smiley filled in with 408 yards passing and 4 touchdowns.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Light Up Arlington Packs Streets For Annual Display
- Patrick Grassroots Board Dissolves Amid Tea Party Grumbling
- Flooding And FAA Almost Force Coppell To Cancel Fireworks
- Kaboom Town Over Capacity, Turns People Away
- Business Boom At Lake Arlington
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures