FORT WORTH (AP) — TCU’s home game against Texas is in a delay after officials sent players to the locker room late in the first half because of lightning in the area Saturday night.
The referee announced with 6:08 left in the first half that the game was being delayed for the safety of the players. He referred to flashing warning lights nearby that indicate lightning is nearby.
There were severe storms in the area. Rain started to fall and the first visible flashes of lightning came several minutes after the players went inside.
While there was no order for fans to clear the stadium, most left their seats and sought cover. TCU officials opened the nearby basketball coliseum for fans to go in there.
Texas was leading 17-7.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New Grassroots Democratic Groups Strive For Tea Party Success
- CDC Report: Heroin Epidemic Back With A Vengeance
- Judge Sentences High School Football Player In Assault Case
- Dog That Survived Heroin Ingestion Ready For Adoption
- Keidel: Why Not A Mayweather-McGregor Fight?
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures