Vandals Target Vacant Schools; DISD Adds Security
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Vandals have targeted many of the 11 Dallas ISD schools shuttered as a result of budget cuts two years ago.
Despite the district’s assurance that the properties would be maintained, thieves have trashed and tagged the schools.
Some schools were stripped of water pipes and copper wiring.
A spokesperson for DISD told CBS 11 News that they have added extra security at those campuses overnight.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Scandrick Reinstated Under NFL’s New Drug Policy
- Kohl’s Holiday Hiring To Rise By A Third
- Death Of Texas Tech Freshman Blamed On Alcohol
- DART Adding Rail Service For State Fair
- NFL Analyst Charles Davis: League Is ‘Discombobulated’
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures