Vandals Target Vacant Schools; DISD Adds Security
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Vandals have targeted many of the 11 Dallas ISD schools shuttered as a result of budget cuts two years ago.
Despite the district’s assurance that the properties would be maintained, thieves have trashed and tagged the schools.
Some schools were stripped of water pipes and copper wiring.
A spokesperson for DISD told CBS 11 News that they have added extra security at those campuses overnight.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports’ Steve Beuerlein Talks Titans Vs. Jaguars On Thursday Night Football
- Ford Expands Air Bag Recall Nationwide
- Report: Mavs Emerge As Suitor For Rajon Rondo
- Arlington Police Search For Suspects In Three Bank Robberies
- Arlington Doctor Gets 10 Years Jail For Fraud
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures