Vandals Target Vacant Schools; DISD Adds Security
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Vandals have targeted many of the 11 Dallas ISD schools shuttered as a result of budget cuts two years ago.
Despite the district’s assurance that the properties would be maintained, thieves have trashed and tagged the schools.
Some schools were stripped of water pipes and copper wiring.
A spokesperson for DISD told CBS 11 News that they have added extra security at those campuses overnight.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Giant Foam Blocks Keep Bridge Approaches From Settling
- Mesquite Special Olympian Wins Silver Medal At World Games
- Changes To Come For S. Garland High School’s Crest
- Family Of Philip Wood Waiting For Confirmation On Plane Debris
- Fort Worth Police Say Suspended Officer Had Sex While On Duty
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures