Witnesses: 2 Handcuffed At Capitol Gun Rally
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (AP) – Witnesses say a gun-rights rally outside the Capitol was interrupted when state troopers handcuffed two pistol-wearing demonstrators and took them into custody.
Organizers of Saturday’s small demonstration were also part of last week’s rally at the Alamo where hundreds of gun-rights advocates brought rifles and shotguns.
Victoria Montgomery, a spokeswoman for the group Open Carry Texas, says two men taken into custody wore holstered 19th century black-powder revolvers. She said no one else at the rally outside the front steps of the Capitol was armed.
A visible trooper presence already was surrounding the Capitol for the annual Texas Book Festival.
It was unclear what, if any, charges the men taken away faced. Department of Public Safety spokespersons did not immediately return a phone message Saturday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 Ridiculous Features Of Kyle Field’s New Locker Room At Texas A&M
- Potential Replacement For Space Shuttle Being Built In Fort Worth
- 7 Incredible Athletes (Besides LeBron James) To Wear #23
- Texas To Continue Pursuit Of Tesla Battery Factory
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Johnny Football
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures