WEST DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Dallas are looking for the driver of a white or cream-colored pick-up truck (shown below) who ran over 7-year-old Lorenzo Cantu. It happened Saturday afternoon — the boy’s birthday — in the 3100 block of Conroe Street.
Surveillance video shows the little boy running into the street and the truck hitting him. The driver didn’t even slow down, let alone stop to help Cantu. The video also shows Cantu lying in the street barely moving until help arrived. He suffered a concussion. The boy’s grandfather, Oscar Andrade, said he may be released from hospital Sunday evening.
If arrested, the hit and run driver faces charges of Failure to Stop and Render Aide and Abandoning a Child.
This is a developing story. Watch CBS 11 News or click CBSDFW.COM for updates.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Romo On Cowboys Practice Field For First Time All Season
- Police Investigate Vandalizing Of Trump’s Hollywood Star
- TxDOT Preparing Equipment For Winter Weather
- Stolen Base At World Series Means Free Taco At Taco Bell
- ‘Good Housekeeping’ Picks The Best Toys Of 2016
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures