AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has picked the architect of Tammy Baldwin’s historic U.S. Senate election last year to manage her campaign.
Karin Johanson managed Baldwin’s 2012 campaign, helping her become the first openly gay candidate elected to the Senate. Baldwin is also the first woman from her home state of Wisconsin elected to that body.
“Karin has proven that she can win tough races. She has taken on and beaten a full arsenal of failed leadership, despite millions in negative ads,” said Davis Communications Director Bo Delp. “Karin will be an excellent and outstanding addition to this historic and exciting campaign. We are honored that Karin will be joining us as we continue our fight to make the promise of Texas available to all families.”
She made need to in Texas. Davis is considered a long shot against likely GOP gubernatorial nominee and Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott.
Johanson also has served as chief of staff and press secretary to U.S. Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, the House’s No. 2 Democrat. In 2006, she was executive director of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- North Texas Teen Gets Wish Granted – His Own ‘Batcave’
- Plano Firefighter Finishes Yard Work For 90-Year-Old Who Collapsed Outside
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Co-Stars Kit Harington, Rose Leslie Married In Scotland
- Bicyclist In Critical Condition After Being Struck By Vehicle In Frisco
- Beltre, Chirinos Help Lead Rangers To 7th Straight Win
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures